Marilyn TIMMS class summaries 2010

TIMMS CLASSES 2010

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Salt Spring Island Painters Guild

I would like to thank all of you that took this workshop for allowing me to share in your process as you develop your skills as artists. I know some of what I asked you to try was well outside of your comfort zone and I honour your persistence and keen enthusiasm.
- Marilyn

Day #1:
The deceptively simple subject - Marilyn's Unknown Plant:









The next step involves drawing with the brush and acrylic
mixed with matte medium - loosely and expressively
following the forms contained in the subject without being constrained by them:







Your excellent efforts:












Day #2:
Foreshore subject - Comox Bay



















Your excellent efforts:











1 comment:

  1. I did the flower painting again and while it was 100% better than the first attempt, I still had difficulty maintaining the lumonoscity as soon as I got into the acrylic paint without the water. I guess I just need to keep trying. Wendy S

    ReplyDelete